Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Sick Days

Well- it all started Thursday when Jerry came home with a headache and started throwing up- his was just a tension headache but anytime one of us gets sick now, I automatically try to determine what to do if Logan catches it. Thus, his first cold. Started up Wednesday night with a little cough, then Friday morning he was stuffy and coughing to the point he was choking. I made a dr appt and she told us what we had thought- he had a cold. However, 3 months old is too young for any medicine so he had to tough it out. He got over it in two days. NOW- he shared his cold with me. We all know that when I get a cold, it turns into a sinus infection.(I know I'm getting one now because my teeth hurt and my nose feels like someone threw a bunch of bricks at it) Yesterday was Logan's followup appointment, where she said all we needed to do now was watch for signs of an ear infection that sometimes follows a cold in babies and for me to get some rest and wash my hands and blah blah blah before I hold Logan so he doesn't get it again. I would be lying if I told you I didn't miss the days where if I was sick, I could just lay in bed and do nothing, but each blessing comes with a small sacrifice. I have to sacrifice my "bed-time" for Logan to eat, play, and talk all day every day! Jerry's a little helpful, but Logan has his routine and 99% of the time, I'm the one doing it- so MOMS DONT GET SICK DAYS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment