Sunday, June 24, 2012

Father's Day

So, Jerry's first Father's Day-

 He will never read this and I pray to God y'all will never tell him I posted this, but for his first daddy day I had Jake make a video of Logan's first few months with the song "with arms wide open" by creed playing in the background..needless to say, parenthood makes you more sentimental and due to emotional reasons, I couldn't watch Jerry watch the video- however, In jerry's fashion- anything I do that makes him the least bit teary-eyed, I am usually called a name followed by a smile and sniffles!
This particular occasion, he sniffled at the top of the stairs, came down, looked at me with red eyes, called me an asshole(LOL I KNOW I AM!) and smiled really big while leaning down to kiss me and Logan...Granted this man NEVER CRIES- however, sometimes it's nice to know- he really cares about me and Logan.
 I don't think anyone can deny the fact that Jerry and I are a perfect match- in ways, I see my parents relationship in us(yet not so publicly affectionate as they are)...I never once thought my parents were getting a divorce, though I have seen my fair share of arguments from them, they never went to bed angry, always woke up with love in their eyes, and did everything in their power to provide for six kids- I hope that mine and Jerry's relationship and parenting reflects at least half of what my parents did....

No comments:

Post a Comment