Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Being Frugal

Everyone by now has had to cut back in one way or another to keep ends meeting....well between bills, gas, food, and formula for Logan(which is 15.00 a can!), we usually just barely make the mark.
 So, with that being said- I've started couponing and sale watching....I used to think it was a waste of time and I had enough money to do that and whatever else I wanted..boy was I wrong! So I started grabbing the Sunday papers, clipping the coupons we would use for the shopping trip and go on- I usually go shopping once a month, which means we have to stockpile groceries so we save money-I did pretty good my first time around, I matched the coupons with the sales going on for the week I was going, made sure to buy what wasn't on sale at the cheaper place and this is how I did=
Walmart-
total was 117.63
I came out at 100.99
Winn Dixie-
327.98
came out-212.43- Granted Winn Dixie does fuel perks so they do alot of b1g1f and I will gladly take it! I buy alot of baby food and diapers at winndixie because for every 25$ I spend there I get 10c off every gallon of gas(20gal max) - well this shopping trip put me at 2.05 off per gallon? and gas is 3.38 up here so I will be saving money and only pay 1.33 at the pump:)

In the end I spent 313.42. Jerry nearly freaked when I told him the price until I started hauling in the groceries and handed him the receipts to see for himself... he said I spent a little much, but so far we haven't had to go to the store for anything extra for lunches/dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment