Thursday, May 28, 2015

End of May Blues

It is amazing how quickly a month flies by. It was literally just May 1st and now we are nearing the end of the month and respectfully, my birthday. We have been busy this past month with just random things. Jerry has gotten the job at the prison and will hopefully start in the next week or two. I am staying where I am at and just pushing my hours around to accommodate Jerry watching Logan on his days off.

We have hit a HUGE milestone where Logan is concerned. One day, I just decided that Logan was going to wear underwear to bed. He has been wearing overnights, which are the big kid form of pull ups because he is too big for the pull ups. Well, he's been asking to sleep in his underwear and protests to sleeping or even looking at pull ups, so we decided that he would sleep in underwear as a trial. I had extra sheets laid out and ready for the middle of the night change and an extra set of clothes for him ready to go, with the pull up. To my surprise, Logan stayed dry. We celebrated and he wanted to sleep another night in his underwear. I gave in, thinking that maybe he was trying to tell me he was ready. We are now a week in and we have stayed dry the whole week!!!!!! He's even gotten accustomed to NO SIPPY CUP at bedtime! I never thought I would see that because we have had a sippy cup at bedtime since he was off the bottle. He still wakes up in the middle of the night but not for a drink anymore! There were tears from mommy because he just randomly does things. I was just getting used to him being okay when I left for work and then BAM!, he's completely potty trained, even night time trained. He was ecstatic to know that he got a prize for being a big boy and he received a LEGO Iron Man/Avengers set. Yes, LEGO---- I swore up and down that those toys would never come into my house because I remember stepping on Jake's or going to Aunt Kate's house and stepping on Garry's Lego's. Thanks to Jerry, we are now the proud owners of about 250 little itty bitty teeny tiny lego pieces and I honestly couldn't be more amazed. Logan sat there for 2 hours the first day and helped Jerry build all his legos. Then, he will grab his lego suitcase and play for hours and hours. He tears apart the original design of the lego and create something different. Yes, I have  a smart kid:)

Tomorrow, Jerry is taking me out for my birthday! He is still working at Gilman's until he starts the overnight shift at the prison. He has 2-3 weeks of training Monday through Thursday so he's going to work the next two weeks while they find his replacement, I believe, which will be nice because the Gilman's paycheck can go directly to us moving! Anyways, Jerry is taking me to a waterfall/nature trail in Lake City per my request. I have fallen in love with trails and any time I can get to one, I'm going! My mom has even made my Ice Cream Cake and we are having my traditional NACHO dinner. We are doing everything tomorrow because Jerry works on my actual birthday, which landed on a Saturday this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment